Thursday, May 20, 2010

Origami


Have you ever tried origami?

Many years ago I learnt how to fold origami cranes. Everyone I knew made at least one and we made a rainbow of hanging cranes - kind of like this one, but with the droops of cranes organised by colour.

I found out today this is called a Senbazuru - a group of 1000 origami paper cranes held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds 1000 origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury.

So I've decided to rekindle my love of origami and make myself a Senbazuru. Progress so far: One crane down, 999 to go.

Wish me luck.






2 comments:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Fi, I love reading your posts and the different creative things you do. This is so cool.

Good luck with the cranes!

Fiona G said...

Eleni

Thanks. What a lovely compliment. I really enjoy pursuing creativity and I do like origami.

Fi

The Bootcamper image is designed by Nikki Logan.
All Rights Reserved.