Friday, December 24, 2010

Farewell for Now


It seems like yesterday Romance Writers of Australia conducted their first ever Bootcamp and brought together a group of writers from across Australia, as well as some fabulous tutors and speakers.

In June 2008 we started the Bootcamper Writing Drills Blog and together we’ve shared our writing journey and triumphs - published books, contest wins and places, writing challenges and get togethers like conference and Boot-i-Con.

We’ve had heaps of fun sharing the blog with you over the last two and a half years, and we hope you’ve had fun at well.

Sadly, the time has come for us to close the Bootcamper 101 Blog. Our published authors have deadlines to meet and as the rest of us move closer to publication, we need to focus our energies on protecting the work, as Jenny Crusie would say.

Of course, you’ll still be able to find us on the net, click here to find our other web hang outs.

To celebrate the end of an era, we’ve organised a random prize draw for you, our loyal supporters. Leave a comment before January 2nd to go into the draw to win a selection of romance novels from our published authors and others.

Farewell for Now,
Bootcampers

12 comments:

Eleni Konstantine said...

I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone for supporting the blog over the last couple of years. It's been fun.

We really hoped you've had fun with us.

I'd also like to thank Fiona and Roseanne for being part of the blog team. You are stars.

Remember to keep an eye for our Bootcamper authors on the shelves!!

Rachael Johns said...

Farewell Bootcampers 101 - although I know I'll see you all at conferences :)
Good luck with all your writing.
x
Rach!

AJ Blythe said...

Good luck with your writing, Bootcampers. Will miss the updates.
Hugs, Anita

Bootcampers Rock!!

Fiona G said...

Hi Eleni, Rachael and Anita,
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I'm sneaking in on the dot of midnight Qld time to wish everyone a very Merry and safe Christmas, especially those at risk of being swept away by the rain.
Must away, is that Santa I hear?

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by our blog over the years (boy has time flown by) and thanks so much to our talented 101 bloggers for the entertaining and informative blog entries. This blog has become a real memento for me as I remeber sitting down one Saturday morning, fingers crossed that my computer would work, hoping to learn something for my writing and now this blog is filled with reminders of just some of the wonderful things I've learnt and amazing people I've met as a bootcamper. Looking forward to staying in touch with you all and one day touching base with you on my blog as a published author.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that you have a happy, healthy and inspiring 2011.
Bootcampers rock.
Tracey T

anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona G said...

Hi all

After a lengthy delay while we waited for a package of books (which never arrived), the winner of the final comment prize draw is Anita Joy.

Anita we've got a bundle of goodies heading your way - books by Melissa James, Nikki Logan and many of our other HMB favourites as well as a fabulous mouse mat from Eleni Konstantine and some writing inspiration as well.

So be looking for a package in the post.

Love the Bootcampers 101

AJ Blythe said...

WooHoo, thanks 101ers.

Will haunt my letter box with great excitement. Poor postman, I think he's only just recovered from me stalking him for my emerald results, hee hee.

Eleni Konstantine said...

congrats Anita!!!!! Hope you enjoy...

Boot Camp Sydney said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.

Mw Alivept said...

I like to reading your post. This is a nice blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice information. I will truly add this nice post in our article section. Bootcamp Gold coast

fajarsuwon said...

nice :)
please visit http://fajarsuwon.blogspot.com

The Bootcamper image is designed by Nikki Logan.
All Rights Reserved.