Friday, October 22, 2010

With some help from my friends

I recently added a short story that I had published in 1999 to my website. I was going to rework it and then submit elsewhere but decided I wanted to work on stories that hadn't been published anywhere. I wanted to rework because my writing has changed since then. But at the same time, I wanted to acknowledge my writing 11 years ago. So up it went on my site.

It's called Apprentice Bound and there is a link directly to the pdf file here.

This has had me thinking. One of the reasons I have grown so much as a writer is because of the Bootcampers. Seriously, when I undertook Bootcamp I was ready to send my manuscript into the world even though I knew it wasn't a 100% ready. With their help I have polished it up. It's almost there and I have sent it out to the world. I know I would not have done half the things I have done in the last 3 years without the Bootcampers.

Writing is a lonely business, so I am so glad for organisations like RWA who help band writers together. I think the Bootcamp is the best professional development I have ever done. Firm friends and supporters, my bootcampers let me know if something is amiss with my writing. Or when to take a break or slow down. (Sound familiar ladies?)

So thank you to my Bootcamper buddies for coming along on this journey with me.

E :)

No comments:

The Bootcamper image is designed by Nikki Logan.
All Rights Reserved.