Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Eight sleeps to go


Not that I'm counting, but it's eight sleeps till we leave for the Romance Writers of Australia Conference, and Boot-i-Con. The suitcase is out and I'm spending way too much time trying to decide what to take. Here in Queensland, I've been in shorts and T-shirts most of the week, but I know Sydney and our Boot-i-Con venue will be much cooler. So I've dug the gloves and scarf out and started planning my layers.

I'm really looking forward to the Friday workshop at this years conference - Debra Dixon's "Goal, Motivation and Conflict". Reading her book gave me a couple of lightbulb moments and I expect I'll get even more out of the workshop. So putting what I've learned to good use:

Goal: To pack smart for conference
Motivation: To leave enough room for books, lucky door prizes, books, gifts, books, freebies etc
Conflict: Needs outfits for three conference days, one fancy dress party, one awards dinner, one silver themed luncheon and three days of Boot-i-Con.

Something tells me I need to either re-organise my clothes, or buy a bigger suitcase.

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL - I love the GMC for the conference...

And I'm with you with needing to park smart!

The Bootcamper image is designed by Nikki Logan.
All Rights Reserved.