Friday, February 20, 2009

Eleni's 2008 Reads


As you can see from the below image I read a vast range of different types of books - childrens, YA, paranormal romance, dark urban fantasy, crime, graphic novels, category romance books, and of course fantasy.

I had been asked which had been my favourite on my blog earlier this year. And this is what I wrote in the comments field:

"I'm hopeless at rating things.

I adored both Keri Arthur Riley Jensen series books (sigh - Quinn), JR Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. And C.E Murphy's Coyote Dreams was a fantastic installment to The Walker Papers. Can't wait to read the next books in all these series.

Jim Butcher's Storm Front was a great first book in a series, so want to continue with those.

I was drawn into Twilight and The Host. 

And I always love books by Barbara Hannay and Marion Lennox.

I laugh with Janet Evanovich, and cringed (as it was crime) with Lisa Gardner and Kathy Reichs. I admire the artwork of Frank Miller. And if you want a very very hot read with poetic language, it's Denise Rossetti.

Then there's the children's books - Neil Gaiman is a great author. Caroline is creepy and I know I would have loved that as a kid.

See I'm hopeless. I can't make up my mind. :)

If I had to choose I will go for JR Ward - it has adventure, action, romance, and gorgeous vampires with emotional depth and because it's the series I read the most this year."


How about you - what was your favourite read of 2008?


My reads...


No comments:

The Bootcamper image is designed by Nikki Logan.
All Rights Reserved.